The RAFSA Dinghy Division Championship and Brady Trophy competition will be held 13-15 Oct 21 at Rutland Sailing Club (RSC) (Gibbet Lane, Edith Weston, Oakham, Rutland LE15 8HJ).
The aim of the regatta is to provide competitive sailing to develop teamwork and provide an enjoyable and challenging format for all abilities. The RAF Dinghy Championships will consist of seven fleet races over the Wednesday and Thursday, with Friday held in reserve. Racing will take place in the RS2000 class (formally Laser 2000).
All entrants must be a member of RAFSA (Army Sailing Association and Royal Naval Sailing Association accepted) or linked via a Dependent’s RAFSA membership.
Prizes will be awarded for:
- The Brady Trophy, the RAF Champions (lowest scoring helm and crew, both serving members of the RAF, either Regular or Reserves).
- The RAFSA Perpetual Challenge Trophy (lowest scoring helm and crew aside from the Brady Trophy winners).
- Novice Helm/Crew (helm to have completed a L2 course in the last 18 months).
- Individual race winners from each race.
- Race Officer’s Champion awarded entirely at the discretion of the Race Committee.
Accommodation is the responsibility of individuals to book, but service accommodation may be available at local units.
For boat allocation, contact the RAFSA (D) Fleet Manager Chf Tech Bill Beattie William.Beattie497@mod.gov.uk and email@example.com.
Entries should be sent to Benjamin.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to compete in the RAF Championships but do not have a crew or helm, please email with your experience, and we will try to pair you up to increase entries.
For safety management, contact the RAFSA(D) Rear Commodore Wg Cdr Ed Dodwell John.Dodwell308@mod.gov.uk